The City of Ocala is gearing up for the Tuscawilla Sculpture Stroll Celebration.
The event will be held Saturday, Feb. 22, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Tuscawilla Art Park, located at 213 NE Fifth St.
The Biennial Ocala Outdoor Sculpture competition, currently in its fifth year, will feature artists from across North America. A selection jury, comprised of local community and art organization representatives, selected 10 sculptures to advance in the competition and travel to Tuscawilla Park and the Tuscawilla Art Park for a 22-month exhibit that spans across 45-acres of green space in downtown Ocala.
This year’s artists and sculptures include:
- Flaminio Antonio, Ocala: The Strength of Perseverance;
- James Futral, Fort Myers: Cinnabar;
- Jim Gallucci, Greensboro, N.C.: Oak Leaf Horizon III;
- Jenny Hager: Jacksonville Beach: Wings of the Phoenix;
- Richard Herzog, Athens, Ga.: Symbiosis;
- Hanna Jubran, Grimesland, N.C.: The Three Muses;
- Harry McDaniel Asheville, N.C.: Lightning Sanctuary;
- Gus and Lina Ocamposilva, Clearwater: Twin Souls;
- George Retkes, St. Petersburg: Obeliral; and
- Adam Walls, Hope Mills, N.C.: Tree.
Voting for the People’s Choice Award will take place 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. During this time, event attendees can cast votes for their favorite sculpture. Those award winners will be announced at 1:30 p.m. Awards will be announced for Best in Show, Second Place, Honorable Mention and People’s Choice.
The free event will include food vendors, complimentary family-friendly art activities, a sculpture scavenger hunt and more. Live entertainment will be provided by local musicians and area school bands.
The City of Ocala Cultural Arts creates opportunities for public art to transform ordinary spaces into destinations. The goal of the Art in City Spaces program is to foster creativity, discovery and thoughtfulness among Ocala’s citizens and visitors. For more information, contact the Ocala Cultural Arts Office at (352) 629-8447 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You also can visit ocalafl.org/culturalarts.